ISO 22000 Certification
ISO 22000 Certification is one of the most important certifications for food industries. It provides a framework for organizations to implement and practice a food safety management system (FSMS) in food industries. EAS is providing ISO 22000 certification in India against the latest version of the ISO 22000 standard (ISO 22000:2018).
About ISO 22000
FSMS is referred to as a food safety management system and helps operators in the food industry gain trust of their consumers and serve them efficiently. ISO’s food safety standards help the management to identify and control any food safety hazards that might occur within the organizations. ISO 22000 also gives assurance to customers that they can purchase and consume food products that are of high quality.
Latest Version – ISO 22000:2018
ISO 22000:2018 was published on June 19th 2018. It follows the same high level structure which is widely used in other standards of ISO like ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. This structure will be easier for other management systems to integrate with each other.
What is ISO 22000 Certification?
ISO 22000 certification is independent verification that an organization has met the requirements of a food safety management system. ISO 22000 certification offers dynamic control of food safety hazards combining the following generally recognized key elements:
- ISO 22000 certification improves on traditional safety management procedures by including GMP, HACCP, and other leading preventive procedures.
- This more rigorous standard is frequently required of major retailers and manufacturers around the world.
- FSSC 22000, a Global Food Safety Initiate (GFSI) Certification required by many of the world’s major retailers and manufacturers, is based on ISO 22000, making it a logical choice for organizations that are seeking to comply with international requirements.
Importance of ISO 22000 Certification
ISO 22000 Certification is an advantage for an organization as it helps to control food safety hazards. It combines with the ISO 9001 approach and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) to ensure safety of the product at all levels. Companies that achieve ISO 22000 certification reduce barriers to international trade and increase product security when entering the global market.
Benefits of Having ISO 22000 Certification in India
Key benefits of obtaining ISO 22000 certification in India are:
- Efficient and comprehensive control of food safety
- Global recognition of the industry
- Increases customer trust and satisfaction in food products
- Increases profitability
- Eliminates food safety risks
- Promotes international trade
Who can Apply for ISO 22000 Certification?
All requirements for ISO 22000 certification are generic and are intended to be applicable to all organizations in the food chain, regardless of size and complexity. ISO 22000 certification can be applied to any food related organization, such as:
- Raw material procurers
- Food production plants
- Food packaging companies
- Food transporters
How to Apply for ISO 22000 Certification
ISO 22000 certification process:
- Review of the application and contract.
- The audit comprises of two stages:
- Audit Stage 1
- Verify requirements of ISO 22000
- Implementation of the Status of FSMS
- Certification Scope
- Compliance with the regulatory and statutory requirements
- Issuing of an audit report
- Assessment plan development
- Audit Stage 2
- Document whether the organization complies with the standards
- Evaluate the performance and effectiveness of the FSMS
- Non-conformity reporting and corrective actions
- Audit Stage 1
Once all requirements are met, the ISO 22000 certificate will be issued.
Why Choose EAS for ISO 22000 Certification?
EAS (Empowering Assurance System) is one of the leading ISO certification bodies in India and across the globe. To know more about ISO 22000 Certification, such as the cost, time frame, activities, and coverage, kindly fill the application form and send us your inquiry for a discussion.