What is ISO 27001 Certification?
ISO 27001 Certification is a prestigious recognition that demonstrates an organization’s commitment to safeguarding its information assets. ISO 27001 certification also helps organizations to protect their customers’ data. ISO 27001 certification is based on the international standard, ISO 27001, that specifies the requirements for an information security management system (ISMS). An organization can achieve ISO 27001 certification by demonstrating that it has implemented an ISMS that meets the requirements of the standard.
Importance of ISO 27001 Certification in India
The importance of ISO 27001 certification in India is increasing as businesses are becoming more aware of the need to protect their information assets. ISO 27001 certification can help organizations to:
- Safeguard their information assets against cyber threats
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements for data security
- Demonstrate their commitment to information security
- Protect their customers’ data
- Improve their business efficiency and competitiveness
Benefits of Getting ISO 27001 Certification in India
There are many benefits of getting ISO 27001 certification in India, including:
- It adds to the company’s brand image and promotes business activities
- Achieves compliance against regulatory and legal requirements
- Identifies potential threats and ways to control them
- It safeguards clients’ and employees’ information
- Increases business opportunities and attain preferred vendor status
- Builds trust with customers and stakeholders
What is Required for ISO 27001 Certification?
To get ISO 27001 certification, the organization has to maintain a documented system according to the ISO 27001 requirements. The following information is required to before applying for ISO 27001 certification:
- Determine the scope of your organization’s data that is valuable and needs to be safeguarded
- The first step in safeguarding your vital information is to conduct a risk assessment
- Develop policies and objectives for the Information Security Management Systems
- A detailed plan to treat the identified risks of the ISMS
- Risk assessment report
- Results of monitoring and measurement
- A detailed program for an Internal Audit of the ISMS
- Results of internal audits, management reviews, and corrective actions
For more information on the ISO 27001 certification requirements, read this blog: Requirements to obtain ISO 27001 certification
How do I Get ISO 27001 Certification?
- Identify and establish the scope of your organization’s ISMS
- Practice and update the documentation of your system
- Conduct the Internal Audit and close the NCs by taking appropriate corrective action.
- Carry out a management review
- Hire an ISO 27001 certification body
Contact EAS to get a clear road map for your ISO 27001 Certification in India. EAS will carry out your Stage 1 and Stage 2 audits and upon successful completion; your organization will be awarded ISO 27001 Certification.
Also, refer to the Certification Process for further information about the ISO 27001 certification process.
Fill out the simple Online Enquiry Form and get a free quote with the approximate cost and duration of ISO 27001 certification for your business!
Phone: +91 99625 90571, 044-42693624, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org